Next project; First one documented here

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I start with a free junked early 90's Trek Multitrack 700 and a few pieces parts laying around the garage. I like the chopper and board track style common on this site but I am going for an "El Toro" style up front. Ya know... Mess with the bull, you get the horns. Parts have been ordered and on the way. More to come.
a6890957-da92-0c3f.jpg

Bottom bracket and cranks refinished and modified. Added some meat grinder pedals and leather lace to cranks. Got wheels painted rebuilt and mocked up. Used an old handlebar, cut it, shimed it and put a blue and white mattress saddle on it. Of course, I also added the blue matching Devil Duckies.
467ff3c9-4006-214e.jpg

467ff3c9-401b-4107.jpg

467ff3c9-402e-0db2.jpg

467ff3c9-4041-3f97.jpg

467ff3c9-4053-3c83.jpg

467ff3c9-0f45-bfe8.jpg

467ff3c9-0f5f-5b8b.jpg

467ff3c9-0f71-084a.jpg

467ff3c9-0f7e-9987.jpg

Ok... I did a horrible job of taking pictures along the way so I'll just give a quick overview and throw it out there.
After mocking up all sorts of extra goodies on the bike it looked cluttered and silly so I stripped it down and went minimalist.
I don't even have brakes... The Cinco de Mayo ride was fun, fast, and a little scary but I survived.
I stretched and manipulated the forks about 1-2 inches out giving it a Longer and lower ride. I added a bandana for a saddle/tool bag and instead of painting it blue, I just clearcoated it and called it good. I think the blue accessories/parts work well with the red and whitish frame and fork.
Also, after using it on two builds, I am liking the leather lace accents it gives the bike more dimension without being cluttered.

nice trick using the ducks to hide the unused brake posts. :wink:

Yeah I usually do that but I ended up shaving the brake posts and derailler hanger off to clean it up. The ducks now ride on the front wheel's axle. Every bike I own has devil ducks along for the ride. Hence my name.

Back