Next Victim Stretch (Now Rideable)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Next Victim Stretch

Yep, no my friend Joey "jojobiker13" in Denver told me that one right after he met his now wife and mother of his child. My buddy Greg also had a similar conversation with his wife not long ago.
Nah too many hobbies are the least of my worries with women, I have many more issues than that. LOL.

Later Travis

well Uncle this is the first bike I have seen you build and it is really really cool you have made an awesome look alike A+ my friend :D

Well right now its eating me up I had to leave it alone for a couple hours. The bar that holds the crank is suppose to match the rear tire. Its in some at the top. I tried to put the dropouts on and I lined them up with the bars they welded to and now they point upwards. I can fix the two problems ,but it was all welded and ground down. It just chaps me that I'm building something and not paying attention. Glad you like it. Sort of an interesting build. The other parts will really make it look old . the handle bars will be small tubing and hopefully have the wooden grips. Should be a hoot.

disaster002.jpg

disaster003.jpg

doesn't the original bike have at least one chainstay? looks like it in the pics.

I'm going to put them on both sides ,but I need to stick a crank in it first. There is very little room and I will have to be just right so something wont hit.

Ok I changed the dropouts to straight like they should be and then it made the arc of the tire match the arc of the frame....I'm smiling now. So Have to find some special metal and build some chain stays and then Its on to the bars . Im going to wait till last to do the funny looking seat post. It will probably break the minute I jump 265 pounds on it and I will get hurt and then not be able to work till I get well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

fixed001.jpg

Thanks . This is the first bike build that i'm totally excited about. I have most of the rest built in my mind...Now if I can just bring it to reality . :? :roll:

I'm probably about to drive Mark crazy with all these silly ideas. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't realize you were looking for more pictures. When I first looked at your inspiration bike this Columbia/Pope built Humber came to mind. Similar, but not the same. I will keep looking. Note the early bio-pace crank set!
Humberbike.jpg

Boardtrackfan I still dont know where I found that picture and I was hoping someone had seen it before and I could find some of the other pictures where I could see how the bars and stuff are built . I will be guessing from looking at other bikes from that time period.Where is RMS37 when you need him? :cry:

Wonder how they hold them in there with no bolt and wedge setup???? JBweld :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm hoping to make bars like this....by the way if this one turns out worth a dang, This will be my next build.

1761096_2BX0U0FCZ.jpg

Uncle Stretch said:
Wonder how they hold them in there with no bolt and wedge setup????
Clamp similar to modern seat post.

2nteiz6.jpg

I recognize that! :lol: :D The bars are clamped with a piece much like a seat post clamp- look carefully right above where the bars enter the head tube and you can see the clamp. If an up close picture would help, I'd be more than happy to post one.

The frame is looking killer! The end result will be very, very unique...

I cant figure out how to go from a regular fork with threads to something with a clamp. I havent really looked at that part close yet. I figured I would just make a long stem with the bolt wedge system and then weld the handlebars to it. Its hard to resist, looking at this thing alot ...not cutting it up and making a really cool racey frame. I see several frame designs in this one. I'm sure the next day after I finish I will be portabandsawing the frame :lol: :lol: I'm glad that everyone seems to like it. I thought maybe building something a little out of the ordinary might be a little more interesting that just another bike. That old colombia design should be a really cool build. It has more challenges than this one. Really need to be a Blacksmith to do these. :cry:

We will see ...just think Mark you may like the next one better. :wink: Ok I built the chain stays and they are tight ,but It had to have some.Spent the rest of the morning welding a small tube in to hold the seat post. I had to back off on a skinny 3/8 rod holding my big rear. I made it work with a 7 post. Still have to drill a hole...thread it for a set screw to hold the seat post. Its about done on the frame part. My next attack will be some handle bars. then the front brake and a little bondo ..sand and paint. Shoot I have a plan. :shock: Yeah right burned a big blister on one of my knuckles...wonder how long that is going to take to heal.

framedone001.jpg

framedone002.jpg

Back