NFL motobike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys this one is one of 7 bikes I found behind a barn. All I could see was the handle bars and a little of the seat.
Any clues to what it is?
GBPackerbike1.jpg

GBPackerbike4.jpg

GBPackerbike2.jpg

GBPackerbike3.jpg

Thanks for looking, Nick.

These bikes are very, very hard to find, some may say rare. For a short time, in 1978-1980 or so, Murray released a series of NFL bikes sold through Sears. I have one of the seats in NOS condition, still in the bag, dated 1980. Not sure what team it is from though but it is probably worth a lot more than what I paid!

This bike would be worthy of a correct restoration, in my opinion. Not many were made.

under the moss the bike is really good, no major cracks in the plastic but the back hub is locked up :/
Its in pretty good shape for sitting under those weeds for 20 years he said.

Nick.

Looks like it would clean up. A little paint and some cleaning and it'd look great! Awesome find......Even if I am a Bears fan.

What's really cool is that most all the parts are there, the fenders are intact, just a little paint and cleanup. Be careful taking the fenders off when you do, they are probably brittle.

I feel like I have to save this bike from behind enemy lines and bring it back to Wisconsin.

Like I said, not many of these around (NFL bikes), especially ones so complete and intact. Try pulling the hub apart and see if the trans is rebuildable. If not, oh well. There are many Murray built bikes that can serve as donors. To give an idea on how scarce these are, I see more people finding Western Flyer Ram Rods and Murray King Kats.

ohdeebee said:
I feel like I have to save this bike from behind enemy lines and bring it back to Wisconsin.

Probably a good idea to get that old used up bike back to Green BAy..or maybe let Bret faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarve ride it. Old used up Qb on a rusty bike...match made in Cheese town

Latest posts

Back