Nirve Switchblade and two Nirve Clutch

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Wow what a weekend. I actually bought the black Clutch at the Long Beach CA cycle swap a few months ago for my 7 year old. I was just tickled that it only cost me $75. I have really been looking hard for a adult Switchblade or Cannibal for my self since then. So Sunday at the Long Beach hot rod show ( not cycle show ) I scored the blue Clutch for $45! I could not pass it up at that. It is actually 100% original where the black Clutch is missing the chain guard, grips, and correct seat. I will set one of these aside for my 3 year old. Sweet! So back to the Switchblade, I have been looking on CL and Swapmeets since the purchase of the first Clutch with no luck at a decent price. I would had preferred the Cannibal for the nexus hub and disc brake that some come with but I digress. I live in flat Huntington Beach CA witch is great riding for these bikes.
So I found a Cannibal on CL for $250 but a hour and a half away in Beamont and was having a difficult time getting out to it with babysitting and work. I was actually trying to talk the wife into a mini weekend vacation to Palmsprings CA this week as a excuse to drive thru Beaumont.
She was on to me in a Heartbeat considering she knows how I feel about the heat. Palmsprings is probably the worst place you can choose to go to during the summer. Today's forecast is actually 117 degrees! So I came out with the truth and she said to just go get the bike and leave her and the kids out of it. My wife is Awesome! So I am scheduling my next week and half around trying to get to it when I wake up yesterday morning do my usual scan of CL for all of Southern California when I see that one was listed 15 minutes before in my city for $200. Perfect! I met the owner 30 minutes later and bought it for $160. It does need the original seat, grips, and mounting brackets for the fenders ( the fenders were just handed to me in new condition ). But that's what the swap meet is for. All that's really left is to spend a few hours detailing these bikes to perfection. I can't wait for this weekend to ride these with my kids on the beach boardwalk for about 20-30 miles come home and have a nap. The good life my ratrod friends.
55db6379.jpg

efc3338a.jpg

72cf5cf1.jpg

105fc10a.jpg

Nice! I love my Switchblade (single speed) and have turned down offers of ridiculous amounts of cash to sell it. Going on 5/6 years of ownership now. :D

250 was a great price, but 160, that is a freaking steal!

Latest posts

Back