RRBBO13 no.13

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm exceeded to build a bike this year.
My main goal is to use parts I already have and to finish it by August 6th!

The name for my bike is no.13, but the theme is going to have something to do with Hot Rods. I'll figure that out as I go.

Here's the frame I'm going to use.
index.php

I'm hoping I can get the reflector tape off w/o ruining the patina.

Nice Monark to start with

I'd hate to lose that patina too. There is a product called Goo Gone that comes in a spray bottle, it sprays out like a gel and penetrates adhesive and does't hurt paint.

Thanks for all the ideas for removing the reflector tape. I'm going to try them all. I wonder what's under the tape? Could I be so lucky and find the same patina, I can hope!

When I bought the Monark frame that I'm using, I was curious why it had a upper springer fork bracket with a regular fork. They both look like they have been on the frame forever. Well, now I know, Monark used the same bracket for truss rod.
index.php

These might be hard to find, might have to make them.

Never knew that. Pretty cool.
Shouldn't be too hard to make some cool trusses.

I feel like I'm falling behind, I work too much. I have been figuring out details. I have a couple seats to pick from that I think will work. Also, since the bike has the upper bracket already for a Monark springer, I'm going to try to turn the fork into a springer. And if I can't save the patina, I have a couple back-up plans. More on that later and pictures!

My rims came in the mail over the weekend, I dropped them off at me favorite bike shop to have these hubs put in them. Yes, it's true, I don't know how to spoke a wheel. These wheels might look familiar, I bought them from KingFish a while back.
index.php
I'd be able to tell you if they looked familiar, if I could see them! :bigsmile:

All I see is a little icon and

stalin.jpg

Latest posts

Back