no name so far

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o_O What if you take your fork tubes out and swap them side to side and turn them so the dropouts face back. They will also be pointing down a bit which will raise the front up. Might not look as cool though :39: And probably wont help your floppiness any :p

Glen.
Probably make the wheel flop worse actually...

Luke.

my
o_O What if you take your fork tubes out and swap them side to side and turn them so the dropouts face back. They will also be pointing down a bit which will raise the front up. Might not look as cool though :39: And probably wont help your floppiness any :p

Glen.
my son said the same thing, I thought longer forks he he, but no the hard way is change the rake angle...mmmm more hacking

Great work! Might want rear pegs for leaning down into the bike coasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, looking good. Lot of fabrication, thought about maybe eliminating the seat tube and doing a seat pan as part of the frame that flows with the curve of the tire like your rear tube? then just make another pan with studs, to pad and cover, and attach to the frame pan...I think it would look great on that frame.

You've done an awesome job of cut/grind and recycling of old forks for rear chain stays, if you want to fix the flop and make this a great looking bike you will want to ride, pull out the grinder and chop off/reweld the head tube to fix the problem. I know it's a drag, but this is part of the learning curve, it's obvious you have the skills to make this bike great!

You've done an awesome job of cut/grind and recycling of old forks for rear chain stays, if you want to fix the flop and make this a great looking bike you will want to ride, pull out the grinder and chop off/reweld the head tube to fix the problem. I know it's a drag, but this is part of the learning curve, it's obvious you have the skills to make this bike great!

Thank you for your encouragement. Cut and reweld is what I'm going to do, find the right size tube, I've run out of time and energy for it at the mo, but "I'll be back" soon.

Wow, looking good. Lot of fabrication, thought about maybe eliminating the seat tube and doing a seat pan as part of the frame that flows with the curve of the tire like your rear tube? then just make another pan with studs, to pad and cover, and attach to the frame pan...I think it would look great on that frame.

mmm something to think about

fixed the small problem with the angle of the head, didn't take long (last post 6 years ago). I've been looking for a 34mm internal tube, which we don't seem to have here. I found a 35mm and cut it lengthwise and stuck back together. Next pedals and chain and riding. Might call it the Wuhan Express, or Windows, either way they'll be a virus.
20200420_182017.jpg

Latest posts

Back