Noob in South TX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,

I've been lurking around here for a little while and decided to join the fun.

37 years young in the Corpus Christi area. Lived in Texas all my life. Proud refinery rat! :D

I just recently got into the bike thing. Nothing crazy, I got a cool parts cruiser built around a simple Micargi Rover frame. Nothing compared to some of the stuff I see on here. I am getting inspired, though! Just picked up some red 3G 57 mm rims from the shop!

This should be fun! :mrgreen:

Thanks guys,

The vibe here seems pretty chill... Not as hostile as other forums can be at times.

I've had a few BMX bikes growing up, but I was always more of a skateboarder. Took up the cruiser lately because the doctor told me it would be good for my legs. I have a rod and four screws in my right tibia and a 7" plate with six screws in my left fibia. 25 years of skateboarding will do that to you eventually! :D I still cruise our local park but anything super aggressive is out of the question.

I couldn't just bike a stock cruiser though... I started adding and tweaking to it, then found this site and was blown away at what some of you guys throw down. Way cool!

Hay Mr.Black---since everyone in Corpus Christi always comes to San Antonio for the weekend, on first Friday we hold a ride 7pm ish(maybe8) under the bridge by Sam's Burger Joint--your welcome to join in the fun.

Good to know, frameteam...

We go up to SA quite a bit. Sounds like fun! I'll keep ya'll in mind.

Back