Nooob intro, Scotland U.K.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, joined the forum yesterday after browsing the facebook page for a while. I love the style of bikes that are turned out by you guys here, not such a popular thing here where I stay though....:arghh:

I recently bought myself a Moulton Mini as my first bike to tinker with, I will post pics of it soon as I've yet to take any!! :)

For those of you who don't know, the Moulton Mini is a strange beast as it's not the same size as regular Moultons, it's 7/8 of the full size version. It was made like this to make it useable for both kids & the average height British woman of the 1960's. So it's a bit cramped for me!!

The bike is complete although it has been neglected for a long time & painted really badly. My intention is to try and make it rideable for me & make a few cool mods along the way (I hope!). Some might say I should be restoring it, but that's not really my thing to be honest.

Like I said, I'll take some pics and post them, maybe you guys can gice me some ideas of the route to take?! :crazy:

Thanks for reading.

Paul.

Welcome Paul!
I love Moulton's, never heard of a mini version, certainly never seen a resto-mod one!

Bring on the build thread!

Luke.
The first I really knew of Moulton's in general was when my friend asked if I'd be interested in it. There's a good site in the UK tells a bit about them http://www.bicyclehub.co.uk/

My mate got the bike of his friend for me, not knowing much about it. When I went to pick it up I realised it was a mini. It has 14" wheels instead of the Moulton's normal 20" wheels. Apparently some of them came with 3 speed hub gearing etc, but mine is a single speed version.

Where about in Scotland are you? Queenfish and I plan to include Edinburgh (and maybe Glasgow) in our Christmas vacation this year.

Where about in Scotland are you? Queenfish and I plan to include Edinburgh (and maybe Glasgow) in our Christmas vacation this year.
I'm right in the middle of Edinburgh & Glasgow. I live in a small town called Cowie just outside Stirling & pretty much next to Bannockburn. I'm about 30 minutes drive by Motorway/Freeway from either.

Hello my friend, Queenfish and I are in Edinburgh now for about 4-5 more days. What a wonderful city to be in for Christmas! Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!

I live in geordieland, also have a 50 year old Moulton speed I am doing up along with my other bikes, welcome to the forum and I suggest you join the moulton groups on facebook for info as the knowledge is vast and the guys who build them since the 60s are on there too!
My bike before the mods,

Back