NOS Dana 3 speed.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Wanted one for a while. Found it on eBay with a buy it now or best offer. Made a fair offer but didn't expect to get it. Well it's mine. Payed a little more than a good used one, but it's not worn and had everything. Worth it at that point to me to not have a hassle. Got it in the mail yesterday.

[quote author="@onewheelsqueel" source="/post/34117/thread" timestamp="1370490067"]When I got home late from work it was on the porch. Wasted no time unboxing it and opening it up. [br][br]
64BBDAA6_zps072d66e6.jpg
[br][br]
6F9DD468_zps96f9629c.jpg
[br][br]
62BC5E24_zps84bf9699.jpg
[br][br]
35D3018D_zps9a2c5d77.jpg
[br][br]
4DC815C7_zps524520a0.jpg
[br][br]All shiny and new old. [br][br] Looked easy to do so I took it out to the garage and proceeded to put it on. [br][br]
530DB65B_zpsaa903b95.jpg
[br][br]
Got it on even though with my current back probs I shouldn't have. Took it round the block. Pretty cool. Loud compared to modern internal hubs and a solid shift to it. But so cool.

Nice find! :D

They are a bit quirky...but they do okay if you can get it adjusted properly.

The only complaint that I have about mine is that it seems like you have to pedal a lot in the lower gears and you don't feel like you're going anywhere.

It may just be mine though.

Great score!!!

I have one of these things to aswell. a neat piece. I've tried getting rid of the bloody thing for a year and a half now I believe. I gave in and its hanging with some other odd bike stuff now. Though I just had the idea of installing it on my worksman trike. Im not sure if it can handle the pressure though.the worksm an is a single speed and one of these would fix that. let me know how it rolls. If i remember right it wasn't fun lol

I think it's pretty darn cool. Can't attest to durability but I'd think it would do ok on a trike.

As for ratios someone posted em on UGV if you yahoo Dana 3 speed bike transmission you can find it.

I'm glad I bought it. I love vintage accessory's and its functional, as primitive as it is compared to today's internal geared hubs. Ill post a outside pic when I get home.

Latest posts

Back