Not a barn find, but a garage find....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
1979 Honda CB750K 4cyl with 1607 original miles. It hasn't been started in probably 15 years. The inside of the tank is clean, but I suspect there might be a little build up in the bottom of the tank where there is about an inch of gas. I don't want to start it till I know for sure. Haven't decided if I am going to sell it as is or pull the tank/carbs and get it running first. The bike has sat in a garage it's entire life.

honda2.jpg

honda1.jpg

I would pull the plugs and put some Marvel Mystery oil in it and let it sit for a week.. then I would Rig up another fuel line to it and make sure you have a fuel filter on it.To see if it runs..get a new battery then I would Pull the carbs of it and go through em..Ride that sucker..I had one as a kid..lol You can fill the tank with some Diesel fuel..depending on how must rust is in it..

Ive restored many old Hondas...all of 'em had varnished tanks. A quart of lacquer thinner, and a handful of 2B limestone in the tank. Slosh it around for a 1/2 hour. Pour the thinner out, shake till all the rocks are out. Fill it with gas and GO!!

Latest posts

Back