Not exactly what I was looking for!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was scanning Craiglist for a carbon frame for an off-season race bike build and found this Firestone 500 II. Not the most collectible bike, but I REALLY thought it was cool an had potential.

fstone1.jpg

fstone2.jpg

fstone3.jpg

fstone4.jpg

fstone5.jpg

Thanks guys....I am really into the bike. I ended spending $80 on it. A little more than I was hoping, but I really wanted it. Only thing is I am now a little unsure what to do with it. Thinking about polishing it up, getting some nicer wheels and leaving it. Other side of me wants to do some super cool with it. Maybe a metal flake maroon with a tan color tank, fenders, trim.

Nice pics of the 500 at the track. Bike looks like it belongs there. Love the one from the back.

Well since it's not what you were looking for you can always send it to me. :mrgreen: Nice find. A buddy of mine has a green one.

Yeah, based on the serial number it is a 1964 Huffy. It should be a fun way to spend some winter garage time. I haven't had much time since I got it home, but I stop by the garage and eye it a couple times a day checking things out

Yep...it was in Dayton....might have been the same one. I was looking at this and a Typhoon....this bike had more character and more appeal in my opinion....I am going to take some time and tear it down and see how she cleans up.

Terry66 said:
Yep...it was in Dayton....might have been the same one. I was looking at this and a Typhoon....this bike had more character and more appeal in my opinion....I am going to take some time and tear it down and see how she cleans up.

DAYTON?! Lucky I did see it, LOL!

Latest posts

Back