not really fresh, but finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of months ago I saw an ad on the local CL that read "bicycles $5 each , several to choose from". Who could resist that? I called and talked to the seller. He said "I think most of them are older ten speeds". These are what I found. Not a ten speed or three speed in the whole pile.These are about a third of what he had. I left all the little girls bikes.
002-13.jpg

003-14.jpg

004-14.jpg

005-6.jpg

The Royce Union bike appears to have a seat from an exercise bike on it.
006-8.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-4.jpg

009-4.jpg

The decal on the Dyno says "Wild Dunes Isle of Palms South Carolina 2003"
010-3.jpg

I liked the wheels on this Murray. I just noticed that the front one is installed backwards.
011-1.jpg

The seat is off of a Hampton Cruiser, which I also bought. The cruiser has the correct seat for this Murray on it.
There are a few more that I will put in another post.

Had to take a break...
Here's the rest.
012-1.jpg

A Next . The shiny finish is hard to photograph, especially with a $20 camera.
013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

These two little Mongooses (Mongeese ?) are identical. One is missing the chain guard. I have two little grandsons that might ride these. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND THE MISSING PARTS TO RESTORE BOTH.Notice that the front wheel is backwards on one of them.
016.jpg

I liked the tread on these that reads MONGOOSE. It reminds me of tires I have seen on some very early cars. The brand of tires was Non-Skid and the tread was the words non-skid.

Latest posts

Back