Not that kind of 29er UPDATE: faux tank

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Not that kind of 29er UPDATE: saddlebags

Update: I got a dropstand and ears on it. Finally, no more leaning it against a tree and hoping it doesn't fall. Believe it or not this is a reproduction stand, but it's so perfect nobody can tell the difference. I fabricated the clip out of some door thresh hold metal I had lying around.

bf1.JPG

bf2.JPG

Re: Not that kind of 29er UPDATE: dropstand

Super nice bike man! i want to do the same on my wheels , is it a specific kind of vinyl ? do you use a hair dryer or something special to make it fit nicely on the side walls ?
Thanks! and is it still holding to this date ?

Very nice work! Those rims are awesome. You'll have to do a how to thread on that.

what a beauty. I need to build a bike like this someday. Preferably a shaft drive, then I can kill two birds with one stone.

OneHorsePower said:
Super nice bike man! i want to do the same on my wheels , is it a specific kind of vinyl ? do you use a hair dryer or something special to make it fit nicely on the side walls ?
Thanks! and is it still holding to this date ?

Take a look at his first post again. He took the tape off and woodgrained the wheels with paint. Very cool job of it too.

I went on a tweed ride today, so I grew myself a mustache and made a tank out of an old 2x4 that was sitting in my backyard. I'm really happy with how the color on it came out, I think it matches the rest of the bike pretty well, especially for just using what I had sitting around in the garage. The straps are some leftover pieces of brass I had from a previous project that I cut to shape and affixed to the tank with small brass nails. The slogan I wrote on the tank seemed to be getting a lot of love too. ;)

291.JPG

292.JPG

Super nice build!!! Love the slogan too.

Super sweet bike, those shoes are straight pimp!! That stache is really what's up tho!! :D

You definitely have a dreamer of a bike! The first item that grabbed my attention were the wheels. The job you did on them with the woodgrain was unreal! I've always liked the Electra Amsterdam's! In all likelihood, I would've put them on the CR-18's had I not decided to go with more of a motorcycle/balloon tire look in the RetroRides, which better complimented the front fork I used. Great job on the bike 8) !

Back