Nothing crazy but new to me!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since I sold my Firestone Challenger boardtrack bike and my Roadmaster, two weeks ago to some fellow members. I was feeling lonely but wanted something a little nicer and wanted to try something different that I've wanted for awhile. My LBS (crankedbikestudio.com) had a 40% sale everything in the store...except bikes. So I asked him what kind of deal he could give me on a bike. Told him I was looking for a single speed/fixie for under $300 He's like I've got this brand new Origin8 Cutler single speed for $265. I'm like can't you do anything cause of the sale...I know it's just for parts and clothing but hook me up cause I basically live down here and I've known you forever. lol. He's like "how bout 180 and I'll toss in a water bottle and cage." heck yeah! Like I said, it's nothing crazy fancy but it's new and what I wanted.
100_0932.jpg

100_0933.jpg

Couple of things I'm going to change are the bars, fork, cranks, pedal, sprocket to a 40T from the 42T, seat and seat post. Most just some carbon bits to lower the weight a bit and the cranks to 3pc so I can run clipless.

Thats a rad bike for under $200 bucks.Throw some Origin blue 3 piece and the Origin blue riser bars and some Ourys!Looks rad as is though.

I thought for for the price it was pretty decent. I'm trying to decide if I should get a american to euro bottom bracket adapter and run a crank with splined spindle or just go simple and get the Origin8 cranks for pennies and a twenty dollar bottom bracket? I was thinking of the white cranks but you think the blue ones would look good? Either way it's getting some 3pc cranks cause I miss my clipless pedals.

I happen to really like anodize!White would look awesome for sure.Thats a pretty sweet ride and I dont think you can go wrong either way.This is why there are so many rad bikes out there,everyone has they're own take on things.Either way with the bottom bracket,but the Origins are a little less costly and look really good.

Back