OCC Sting-Ray Forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the Ollies in my town they have a 16" girls model of an OCC Sting-Ray. I believe the front wheel on it is a 20" which leads me to my question. Has anyone put the triple-tree forks from one of these on a standard cantilever style Sting-Ray? I was thinking of grabbing it, but don't want to waste my time or money if it won't work. I have no other use for a pink Sting-Ray chopper! :)

Yes, they fit just fine with some simple mods... in my case I shortened the headtube to match the orig length of the Sting-ray headtube, I also clearanced the inside of each fork leg to clear the spokes on a 26" wheel.

bike5.jpg

has anyone ever used one of the bigger OCC bikes to do this with? ive got the one with the 20incher in the back and the 26er in front. its just chillin in the bike pile and id like to use the fork but im not sure how that works.....

Easy E

elvis51 said:
has anyone ever used one of the bigger OCC bikes to do this with? ive got the one with the 20incher in the back and the 26er in front. its just chillin in the bike pile and id like to use the fork but im not sure how that works.....

Easy E

that is a 24" in front

GTCOMA said:
elvis51 said:

Easy E

that is a 24" in front

oh. well, has anyone used the fork off of the OCC bike with the 24inch(thanks coma) in front and 20incher in the back to do this with?

Easy E

My dyno roadster has one of those on it. The lower tripple tree comes pre-raked, so you'll ahve a raked out bike without modifying the frame, and it's fairly simple to do... I'll take pics and post more tomorrow about what to look for/do... My dyno came this way, or else I'd already know...

Well, I went and forgot my camera at work last night so I didn't get any pictures... But here's a link where this process was discussed before, and the dyno in the picture with the chopper fork is actually the one I own. I traded some bikes to MonsterMetal for it. I'll try to remember my camera tonight...

so if i take the chopper forks off my occ chopper that has the 24inch front wheel on it, how hard will it be to convert it to a 26inch schwinn frame?

Easy E

At most, you'll have to cut the excess steer tube off the bottom below the lower triple tree. Sorry... I haven't taken any pictures yet... But it would go on the exact opposite of how it came off... There is plenty of clearance for a 26 inch wheel in there... And it is gonna rake it out a bit... Which is cool if that's your thing... I would just go for it man. I'll try to take pics tonight if it's not too dark when I get home... You can't see much here, but here's my Dyno with the ChopRay fork and wheel... It's a big pic so you can see as much as possible...
2887914702_1348eb36cb_b.jpg

lemme get this straight. so if i have to cut off the bottom of the middle tube, how do i get it off? granted ive never taken the fork off the bike, is there some sort cap thingy on the bottom? guess i just need to man up and take the dang thing apart.

Easy E

elvis51 said:
so if i take the chopper forks off my occ chopper that has the 24inch front wheel on it, how hard will it be to convert it to a 26inch schwinn frame?

Easy E

I think the older schwinn frame headtube is going to be too small.

Latest posts

Back