OCC Stingray Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, found this one on Craigslist for $50....stripped it down, painted it flat black, brought the paint to life using Pledge, and now have this. I'm normally a road bike rider, so it took some time to get used to the 47lbs and single speed!

I bobbed off the fender mount, as well as the chain guard mounts, as I wanted this to have a cleaner look. If you know anyone who needs a chain guard or fender, drop me a note, as they definitely are not going back on this bike!

IMG_2151_zps249dc6f7.jpg

IMG_2155_zps5275c883.jpg

IMG_2154_zpsbc9cb3a5.jpg

IMG_2152_zpsa07dfe87.jpg

IMG_2156_zps1dcc9c77.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! After bobbing off all the chain guards, fender mounts, and all that jazz....the darned thing is still 12lbs heaver than my beach cruiser! My grandson took it for a 5.5 mile ride today....his only complaint was the seat....so have a feeling something is going to happen with that in the near future!

Amazing how much better these things can look with a little imagination. PM sent about fender.

You can't really turn the OCC Stingray into a light weight bike with that fat rear wheel and rear frame triangle. However, you have done a great job of making the OCC look lighter and leaner.

Looks good man.... Keep it up. I do the same thing at my bike shop. I have a hard time finding/building stretch cruisers for kids; sasically because they are too big, so I scour craigslist for these and "recycle" (pun intended) them. I try not to spend more than $50.00 on each. I'm currently working on a 20" drag and 16" Superman bike
photo1_zps7aa5d57a.jpg

photo2_zpsccf14ec4.jpg

16inchorange2_zpsa0e890ef.jpg

16inchgreen2_zps398ff357.jpg

Definitely some very nice work on those my friend!

Looks good man.... Keep it up. I do the same thing at my bike shop. I have a hard time finding/building stretch cruisers for kids; sasically because they are too big, so I scour craigslist for these and "recycle" (pun intended) them. I try not to spend more than $50.00 on each. I'm currently working on a 20" drag and 16" Superman bike
photo1_zps7aa5d57a.jpg

photo2_zpsccf14ec4.jpg

16inchorange2_zpsa0e890ef.jpg

16inchgreen2_zps398ff357.jpg

Latest posts

Back