OCD Question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not that bad. but I do check the tires on soul catcher every time Im out working on bikes Just incase I decide to take a break from building and go for a quick ride

Slime all your tires and give 'em all a spin when you're pulling one out to fiddle or ride. :idea: I regularly check and fill mine when I can feel that they're low, and fix flats when they occur. Which behavior is more OCD? :lol:

Hhmmm...not so sure about using Slime. Bought some tires with it already in it, inflated to proper specs and used them for a few weeks almost daily. We had a few days below freezing, went out to the shed where I keep the bikes and found one of the tires had exploded...all over the bike(s), the walls, the ceiling, etc. Went out a few days later, the other tire had exploded. But YMMV. :wink:

It seems like eventually slime clogs up the valves. I have never personally used it but I've seen a lot of tubes with it that can't be filled or deflated. I know those cheap green patches they sell don't work at all. They seem to apply okay, but once you inflate to about 20psi the patch just blows off.

I have all my operational bikes hung up in my shop (well, except the couple parked in the dining room that are used frequently), so at least if the tires go soft there's no load on them. No flat spotting it there's nothing to compress them.

Oh, and Han Solo was frozen in carbonite. Casting him in bronze would've killed him!

I'm the same way If I get a flat I always fix it when I get home or the next morning.

Even my project rollers are rolling on good tires and tubes.

Back