Odd CCM and monark [dana question]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's gonna be a good year. I just got the monark and ccm today, i think that monark is older one then the one with train lights. I have three of these monarks now anyways, I also got this CCm with this strange crank system lolI got it just because of it, the bikes also in great condition with new tires. they are 28" wheels i also have a random old schwinn, not a clue of the model. proberly a suburban it was a full bike, I have the parts.

101_0070.jpg

101_0068.jpg

101_0069.jpg

101_0065.jpg

101_0066.jpg

101_0067.jpg

Re: Odd CCM and monark

That's the famous/infamous Dana 3 speed transmission on that CCM! It's as cool as it is heavy :mrgreen:

first time i've seen such a thing, can't wait to try it out, the weathers crappy so i'm waiting

Nice bikes. One of the things on my list of stuff I hope to find for my collection is the Dana system.
Hey , I think I'll start a new thread about our "bucketlists" of things we are looking for.

Funny stuff... I just got an older canti framed Schwinn the other day with that same 3 speed... and I'm looking to turn it around for a quick sale... any offers? I can take pics if interested. Not trying to hi-jack this post... I just thought it was funny that I had never seen these 3 speeds until a couple days ago... and now I've seen 2 of them!

It's a odd thing, i'm gonna dissmantle it lol

I actualy might, not 100% yet, I do like the red bike, itssomething i wanted but i may change the wheels in wich case i will be happy to let them go. I have to wait for something first though

Anyone have an idea what that odd Dana thing is worth? i'm not sure I want it on that bike and i don't wanna put it on my other bikes, i prefer 3 speed coasterbrake hubs lol I posted it local to see if anyone here has anything neat to trade but I may end up just selling it

Back