oddball frame: Oxford by Union cycling co ltd

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was on craig's list for a while, but it was 2 hours away so I never was too serious about it, plus it was one of those "make an offer" posts which I avoid. but for kicks and grins, I called about it, and it turns out the seller was passing by my town today, and my offer was close to what he wanted, so very serendipitous.

It is a Oxford labeled bike by "Union Cycling co. Ltd. " made in Germany. The chainguard is as long as the bike. :D

The "neck" was something weird.. not sure if that was a factory design, or some DIY gone bad. either way, it is gone now.

The front aluminum fender is mush, so it is removed, and the seat was garbage. Everything else has disassembled with minimum effort, so that is a good sign. The frame will handle 26" balloon tires, but I may run some 26 x 1.75 tires.
I'm thinking 1950s time frame.. unless there are other viewpoints?

Union was part of the DPS(Daimler/Puch/Steyr) Collective, as far as I can tell. DPS made Royce Union badged bikes for them. Union made pedals for Schwinn and under their own name. Some DPS bikes were imported by, and rebadged as Stelbers. -Adam

Back