oddball yard sale chopper acquired - info?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw this at a local yard sale over the weekend. It was such a long frame that it wouldn't fit in the wagon that had a bunch of yard sale items in it already, plus my family.. so I walked it home for a 1/2 mile. The seller had two other similar bikes, but they weren't as long as this one. I'm going to add it to my 'kids bikes I've never seen before' collection.

I can't figure out if this a is a homemade modification, or if the factory built them this way. The frame says 'made in Taiwan'. The sissy bar is not a do it yourself, and the other two bikes had the same sissy bar. The welds on the head tube and the rear dropout extensions look consistent. The wording on the bike says 'Buster chopper'. the fork has a bolt-on extension rather than one long solid tube. I am able to jam a standard 20" rear wheel in the back. the front wheel is 16". The kickstand looks like you are supposed to screw on an extension to make it fit your custom bike.

oddchopper.jpg

It looks like you bought a I just got a welder lets see what I can do bike....lol Lots of fun there. You can't go wrong no matter what you do with it. Have some fun... Try your painting skills.

Jaxon said:
It looks like you bought a I just got a welder lets see what I can do bike....lol Lots of fun there. You can't go wrong no matter what you do with it. Have some fun... Try your painting skills.

I agree, still a cool little bike though.

I squeeeeeeeezed a 20" x 3.0 wheel in the back. The flat bar used on the seat extension keeps sinking and rubbing on the tire when someone sits on the seat, so I'll see if I can splice in round bar or tube to keep it off the rear tire.

clerkkent said:
I squeeeeeeeezed a 20" x 3.0 wheel in the back. The flat bar used on the seat extension keeps sinking and rubbing on the tire when someone sits on the seat, so I'll see if I can splice in round bar or tube to keep it off the rear tire.
Sounds cool. post some pics when you can.

A four inch piece of rebar solved my problem. Can you spot it? :mrgreen:
chop01.jpg

And you can see how much my grinder took out to squeeze the 3.0 tire in:

chop02.jpg

I put a longer kickstand on it so it can stand on its own. Now to swap out the gooseneck and handlebars with a pair of ape hangers. Then to develop a new color scheme. So far I have $2.50, a Harley rear wheel, and a 4" piece of rebar into this thing. :eek:

After cleaning it up and putting a rattle can of metallic blue on it, I realized the old chain guard was to banged up and fugly to keep. I had another chainguard that no one else wanted, so problem solved.

bluechopper.jpg

It rides okay, considering I'm pushing 200 lbs and 6 feet tall. I'm sure that if a rider around 5 feet tall and 100something pounds were riding it it would be great.

Latest posts

Back