OG Rats

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here are a couple of bikes that were in a bunch of stuff I purchased. These things were rat before rat was where its at 8)
PrewarDX.jpg

Prewar Schwinn DX with cool flying star badge
PrewarStbar.jpg

Prewar Schwinn straightbar check out the grips. The guy I bought the lot from said that when he originally got the bike it had rubber hose wired to the rims for tires. Now thats a rat.

I remember my Mom telling me that during WWII you couldnt buy tires.She said she remembered people riding bikes on the rims.

The hose for tires sounds like a better idea.I would guess that Schwinn last rode during the War.

MagicRat said:
I remember my Mom telling me that during WWII you couldnt buy tires. I would guess that Schwinn last rode during the War.
Thats what the original owner said as well.
My plan is to lube the bearings, throw some tires on it and ride it around the block :)

dead sexy i love prewar straght bars with skip links. ohhhh and a sweetheart skip i am still looking for one of those sprockets for my lucky 7 boardtracker. sweet finds can't wait to see what you do with them

Back