oh how I miss summer!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys dont know how good you got it. im sittin at 8degrees here in kansas city right now!!!!

Easy E

22 here in Mo-Town Illinois. Yeah cold but when it is 70 with a nice breeze in the summer you guys in Florida have 112 and 110% humidity! :D I should just live there in the winter and here in the summer like my neighbors!

Here in sunny Queensland, Australia (right on the Tropic of Capricorn) our max has been around the 35-36 degrees Celcius (mid to high 90's F) with around 60-70% humidity for the past couple of weeks (Sunday was 36 with 80% humidity).
A couple of years ago we had a scorcher of a Christmas Day with a top of 42C!!! (108F)...No hot Cristmas dinner for us. We tend to lean towards cold turkey and ham or seafood with salads. Not very traditional, but practical.
I went for a short easy ride to the store this morning around 8.00am and when I returned quite wet my wife asked if I got sprayed by a sprinkler ......I wish!!

Buck Masterson said:
22 here in Mo-Town Illinois. Yeah cold but when it is 70 with a nice breeze in the summer you guys in Florida have 112 and 110% humidity! :D I should just live there in the winter and here in the summer like my neighbors!

Actually, in Miami it rarely get's over 95 with less than 60% humidity.
The rest of Florida get's really steamy, but Miami is out on the tip
in the middle of the ocean, it's really nice year round.

Now hurricanes are another story, but i still choose them over cold.

p.s. I used to live in Indiana, I feel for you in that cold.

Me too. Road home from work today. The snow was just perfect that the it was coming through the front wheel like a snowblower. Then it packup so tight, I could barely pedal until a knocked the snow off. The derailer and cassette packed up and didnt shift very well either

downsized_1219081708.jpg

1219081709.jpg

its been like 5 striaght days of snow. where i live, when it snows, people driving out on the streets start to freak out if someone is riding in their lane with a bike, and since i don't wanna become an eskimo pie, i havent been able to ride in a week. well, about 4 days ago i got out on my full suspension mountain bikes and rode the snow. most the roads still ice and hard snow packed, so as it is rather dry, it is really icy and to commute at 4am on a sheet of ice on hills is cool with me, moterists freak out. come rain, snow or shine, ill be out there 4/4

chimichanga said:
elvis51 said:
you guys dont know how good you got it. im sittin at 8degrees here in kansas city right now!!!!

Easy E
Yeah we are but you guys have snow! Which looks awesome!I want to live in cold weather.

You wanna trade?

I went to a place in Mexico called San Miguel De Ajende never got below 58 and never got above 82. The people went crazy for stuff to do. They couldnt dodge hurricanes or miss snowstorms . Their national pastime was sweeping the street . Would be a terrible place to live. :shock:

Flea said:
chimichanga said:
elvis51 said:

Easy E
Yeah we are but you guys have snow! Which looks awesome!I want to live in cold weather.

You wanna trade?

hmmm no i think ill stay in missouri. its supposed to be like 40something today, and 8tomorrow. see thats the thing about missouri weather, if you dont like it, wait a day, itll e different tomorrow. stupid weather

Easy E

well this stuff started falling yesterday at 8 am and stormed all day till like 7pm... there was nothing on the ground b4 that...
i work at home depot and all i did all day was shovel customers and co-workers out of there parking spots and push them out....
snowpics001.jpg

snowpics002.jpg

snowpics003.jpg

It's been down around minus 20C and as low as -25C going on 2 weeks here. Lot's of snow too. The cruisers and rats are sleeping in a warm basement, but the MTB's don't get a break:

reign2insnowdj3.png

Chains, derailleurs and cassettes like to freeze up at these temperatures :x

-Mp

Downtune said:
It was 28 Degrees Centigrade here.

WHAT'S THAT, AMERICANS? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF SAUSAGES ON THE BARBIE! 8)

HEY!! this is a kid friendly site. we don't wanna hear what you do to barbies :mrgreen:

-16°F today thats -27°C

Back