OH NO, someone is selling my Columbia Five Star Superbe!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is pretty funny guys. Near and dear to me being the owner of a Columbia superb myself, slightly older but a "Superb" no less. The craig's list ad is a little misleading, but $450 is a good price for this bike with "most of it's original parts". Plus craig'sl list mean you pick up the bike in person. So this is hardly fraud. Maybe the guy doesn't have a camera? Maybe he thinks your picture is just the definitive photo is the 5 Star Superb. I wouldn't have flagged his post.

HotRodRob said:
I just gave the guy a call and he said It's all mine if I want it, all I had to do was give my Visa # to hold it for me :shock: I can't wait to pick it up.

Beetleguise...Did ya read this part! NOT something I'd be willing to do.

Maybe this is prank in celebration of Glenn's B-Day. How else would someone pick his picture for a CL posting near Bankerrat's casa?

Guilty Party? :mrgreen:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
what if he's reading this post?

cman said:
Maybe this is prank in celebration of Glenn's B-Day. How else would someone pick his picture for a CL posting near Bankerrat's casa?

Guilty Party? :mrgreen:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
what if he's reading this post?

I think It's KZ1000. Check the "Happy Birthday To BankerRat" thread

this is not as bad as a post i saw over on the chopaderos page where a guy who lives in paris has been ripping pics of other builder's bikes and saying he built them. in one he even went so far as to photoshop his face over the builder's who is sitting on the bike. but this is bad too and sorry once someone asks me for a card # to hold it i call shenanigans.

KOTA said:
HotRodRob said:
I just gave the guy a call and he said It's all mine if I want it, all I had to do was give my Visa # to hold it for me :shock: I can't wait to pick it up.

Beetleguise...Did ya read this part! NOT something I'd be willing to do.

I hope noone took that seriously :shock: , It was meant to be a joke and an example of what is actually happening out there, but most of you guys would know that anyway, if not just be smart when purchasing and don't give out any personal info and purchase local.

Thatismytruck said "I think It's KZ1000. Check the "Happy Birthday To BankerRat" thread"

NO NO NO, I did not do it, I swear to it, I emailed and got no response, Did anybody try the phone # listed. :)cry: all I did was start a b-day thread)

Its really not a big deal that he used a picture of my bike. I could care less like I said. For those of you that dont think its misleading then take off your blinders!! If you were asking for a picture of a bike you were buying and someone sent you a picture of your own bike.... when you got there and then discovered it was yours , you wouldnt be suspicious? Well to all you who wouldnt have flagged or questioned the post.... I say to you, beetlejuice :)

He left his number so I am at least gonna prank him. That is just not right. At least let potetial buyers know that it is a picture depicting what the bike looks like. All I can say is....scammer. Otherwise why not take pics of what you have. This sort of thing has happed to me in the past and it really tee's me off!

I did not get a response, I did call the phone # and got his VM, his name is John like the ad says, I was not going to leave a message, why bother, I would not want him to have my #

NO response either.

KZ1000 said:
I did not get a response, I did call the phone # and got his VM, his name is John like the ad says, I was not going to leave a message, why bother, I would not want him to have my #

He's probably already got your # with call display :shock: I have called people about stuff for sale and not left a message and next thing I know I'm gettin a phone call.....busted!

I'm smarter than that, My cell phone shows up as Private Caller for that very reason.

HotRodRob said:
Haha! Good one. Thats maybe why he didnt answer. I never answer my phone if that shows up.
I KNOW, I tried calling you last week when I had that lead on an Elgin Blackhawk in Ontario, Barn Find $50.00 bike, thought you could use it, BUT you didn't answer so I called the scrap guy. :lol: :lol:

Back