Oh Snap! Now what?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I had a friend of a friend do the work on the frame for free...one of the reasons it took a bit longer.
One quick note. Once it was done I sat down on it and the frame felt bouncy. "Oh Snap!" I thought, "The repair didn't hold!" :shock:
Then I realized the tires only had about 10 lbs of pressure. :oops:

Dang !!! That thing looks Sweet !!! Those Pin stripes are dope !!! Nice job !!!

I'm not even a fan of stretch frames but that is a nice build. I like where the shifter is mounted as well. I wish I knew someone near me to pinstripe too.

Outlaw90 said:
weld in a gusset in the rear of the frame...
did just that. Now I still have a few chain issues to sort out, but it'll be on the road again, and soon!

I sorted out the chain issues. It's now running a single speed freewheel and a hand brake, using a derailleur as a chain tensioner. I also wanted to use the fenders on the next project so It got a bit of a facelift. Now she rides like a dream. 8)
low2.jpg

low1.jpg

btw it's for sale. I hate to get rid of it but I have other projects to pay for.

Epilog -
low4.jpg

I ended up selling it with a set of low bars to a fellow ratrodbiker who will give it a good home at the jersey shore. I hated to sell it but I needed project money.

Back