OK, I'm in....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy from the Midwest!
Born in ‘59…First bike was a ’65 blue Stingray…boy howdy, did I love that bike. Grew up in Phoenix, AZ., when “bike culture” was everyday life for a kid. My buddies and I pedaled that whole town from sunrise to sundown. We witnessed and were part of the birth of BMX in the early 1970’s and we built our share of upside down bikes and rolling contraptions…man, those were the days.
Anyway, now I’m a 50 year old goober with a hankerin’ for cutting, grinding, heating and smacking metal and wood into questionable yet festive forms of entertainment. My goal is to be considered, by my grandchildren (of which I have five so far), to be the “World’s Most Dangerous Grandpa”, as opposed their current view of me as the "World’s Most Flatulent Granpda"…oh well. I digress…my current stock ride is an ‘87 Schwinn Sierra. I just inherited a Huffy Causeway Cruiser that I’m going to rat. It’s great to find this site and you folks. I’m looking forward to getting to know you. If you’re ever in my neck of the wood’s the first round is on me.
Roy

Thanks guys...Cam, I'm in Plano, about 55 miles SW of Chicago. Corn......everywhere....corn..... :shock:

Thanks for all the warm welcomes...the fridge in the shop is always stocked (gotta stay hydrated, you know). Just a heads up...the wife rolls her eyes a lot :roll: but you get used to it....

Hola :!: , and welcome to the site hang on tide the ride will be long :mrgreen:

hey roy welcome ...im n the cornfeild with ya man ...im down near bloomington /peoria area !!! this place is so awsome u r gonna love it ...cool beverages r good ..and my ol lady rolls her eyes way too much ...welcome fellow bike dude !!!!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm getting a good vibe from this joint. I need to get a build thread going. I plan on starting the verminization of the Huffy this weekend...can't wait!

Back