Old # 3 With paint!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Old # 3

Thanks GDCAST. Its not much.
I ran down to my fab buddy's shop. He starts at the crack of dawn. I got him to TIG an additional part
on to the fork tube. Its easier than taking the old one off. I like when someone can really weld. Now
its just file it down and it will look good. I plan to run a short tube from the down tube
to the additional fork tube at the same angle as the middle tube. Should look pretty good. Not original
worksman , but Cycle Truckish. :lol:
DSCF0002-157.jpg

the Electra clearance site might have a 20"x3" wheel tire combo available. Boy has a set on his Electra. The 3" look ever fatter when it's 20". a 3" front would look great on this build.

build looks great btw!

Yeah Skip with the big electra sale going on I checked there first. I didn't see anything wide.
Will have to do a specific search. A bunch of their stuff they don't have listed till you do a
Specific search.
Glad you like it. :p

Thats funny Luke. This is a nothing build. There isn't much to watch here on this one.
I was going to cut the front out of the fork tube in a U and put mine in and weld it on the sides.
My fab buddy , who doesn't mess with bikes said it would look stupid, so we did the add on to the
bottom. I will eventually get the bottom tube in , as soon as I rebuild this frontend.

Well I've got two Jesse james choppers i'd take $125 a piece for (one chrome, one black) and a occ stingray(blue with front and back brakes) again $125 plus whatever the shipping would be. Just saying.

Really all I need is a front wheel. I was planning on a occ rear wheel till I saw they are 4 1/2''
wide and that killed that. I will find a 2'' wide front 20'' and use it. I really don't need all the
rest of one. Thanks for the offer though.

Digging this one like everyone US!

A 20" front would be cooler, but, here's an option, if a 16" isn't too small, grab a 'baby' OCC. The rear is a 16 x 3 with an offset sprocket. Could solve two problems, wide front, and the chain clearance on the rear. Just thinkin' out loud........

Cheers,
Dr. T

Not sure Dr T. I will pull the 20'' wheel off my other one tomorrow after I get the rear dropouts built
and see what the stance is. I have changed stuff and it might sit different than it did.
Its been a fun project...fast and simple really.

looking forward to seeing which direction you go re the bottom tube / neck thing thing... have you considered cheating it at an angle similar to the top and bottom tubes from the middle one? maybe it would cheat the look of the top bar reversed.. it looks like it would land about a tube above where you were meeting at the neck...you could prolly cheat it down a bit more if you lead in with a little radius.. any way neat build, its defiantly different. i need to start and finish a project already..
*edit scratch that, im digging the industrial feel of what you have going on..

I will probably cut a few tubes tomorrow and see which one looks best. I'm leaning towards the short
straight one....My wife likes the long down to the bottom one.

Chuck always has a bunch of these frames cheap. Grab one and jump in the water is fine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ever been to a contractors house... everything needs repairs...
also, i mean i love the stuff, but im usually fumed / burnt / and or filler dust in unmentionables to ever get around to it... :lol:
im digging this spectator sport deal i have going on... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The short straight bar will make it easier to attach cargo struts , if you would ever decide to go that route. You make your work look so easy and KOOL.

Tim

Thanks Tim. This really isn't a build...its just tearing up stuff. :lol:
Kinda wanted to see what it would look like made into a cycle truck with a bigger back tire.
I think I'm getting close.

Latest posts

Back