Old Hawthorne Ladies Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this old Hawthorne for $15 this weekend at a yard sale. It's got rear facing dropouts (missing one of the adjusting screws), ridged fenders in great condition besides some surface rust. It had some funky pedals from an exercise bike and the seat isn't original. The tires are made by Duro. The rear hub is a Derby and the front is Wald.

Anyway it's my first CWC bike and I can't quite bring myself to start robbing it of a few parts I think will be cool on another bike I have....yet. It may also be my first Pre-War bike too and I'm hoping somebody might know one way or the other. The serial number is A69060 under the crank case.

I appreciate any and all info I can get and feedback as well !! On with the hunt!! :) -DS

Ward's started using the red & blue badge in 1950. There should be a marking after the numbers, a 'w' inside a C, the 'Cw' series, followed by the ACw series, and from 52-56, the year (52) before the Cw. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
Ward's started using the red & blue badge in 1950. There should be a marking after the numbers, a 'w' inside a C, the 'Cw' series, followed by the ACw series, and from 52-56, the year (52) before the Cw. -Adam

Yeah, There is a 53C making this a 1953 model then I guess. Now I got to decide what I want to do to/with it. Thanks a lot Rustinkerer!!

Back