Old Murray Eliminator Banana Bike and another cool rare bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found the blue 20 inch boys murray eliminator (bought this bike and 6 others and also a tricycle) at a bike and rummage sale at a old farm about 10 miles north of Black Creek, WI (paid $53 for all 7 bikes and the tricycle and $20 in gas) and found the murray slightweight with the full wrap around chainguard in Madison, WI (paid $50 for the slightweight and $40 in gas plus another $25 in food).

Both were a pretty good trip to drive to but hey, there old bikes and I had the money at the time.

The chainguard on the yellow bike will get put on the blue bike at some point. I originally intended to redo and restore and bring back the blue bike, but now I'm not sure about it all.

We'll see is all I can say. My attitude about the bike is that I need a correct front wheel and other numerous parts before I get too involved. A correct springer 20 inch murray fork with the fork chrown plate is also a must before I do much with it beyond just mess'in around.

That is a funny name for a bike....Slight Weight. Almost like Murray was admitting it might be heavy.

Cool finds.

cman said:
That is a funny name for a bike....Slight Weight. Almost like Murray was admitting it might be heavy.

Cool finds.

They should have called it the "Sliminator"

It's weird how something so very rare and next to immpossible to find has such little value when compared to something in which there are alot still around.

The yellow bike above with the wrap around chainguard has value only for its chainguard. Compare that to a schwinn krate frame, 5 speed stingray frame or a 3 speed stingray frame. Way more stingray frames like that were built and way more survive than this yellow bike with the wrap around chainguard but everyone wants the stingray bikes.'

Rarity and scarcity don't always equal value if the public only wants one name and one brand and only a few styles of that brand.

As usual it's supply, demand and thats that.

Those double guards are always cool. I would put it on that 20" frame you picked up. Call it "Double Elimination" :D

You are correct about name recognition. Look at what the BFK Stingrays bring now just because they have a Schwinn sticker. They are imported from China and rust over night. If they had a Huffy sticker instead you couldn't get $50 for them. :D

huffyrailsarefun said:
Anyone have an idea on color? I don't want gloss black or flat black or any other flat color.
Duplicolor Metal specks blue.

Latest posts

Back