Old & New(er)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first is a regular old WCC chopper. It is in pristine condition except for the the rip on the seat (kinda looks like a bite mark). I got it mostly for the forks but will probably end up using a lot of the other parts for various projects. Here are the pics.

DSCF1354.jpg

DSCF1355.jpg

DSCF1356.jpg

The other is a 1945 (according to Mr. Columbia) Columbia Sport Tourist. Complete with blackout bars, stem and New Departure hub. It has been repainted but at least they painted around the graphics. I'm not sure if the Mesinger saddle is original but I have never seen this style before. The seat to seat-post bracket (terminology?) is broken as shown in the picture below, If anyone has one of these saddles or a replacement bracket i would be very interested. So, without further adieu the pics.

DSCF1357.jpg

DSCF1358.jpg

DSCF1363.jpg

DSCF1359.jpg

DSCF1360.jpg

DSCF1361.jpg

DSCF1370.jpg

DSCF1369.jpg

DSCF1368.jpg

DSCF1367.jpg

Thanks for looking.

A very cool bike. I have a '49 Sport Tourist. By then, it had a 3-speed Sturmey Archer rear hub. It has a Mesinger seat, but the saddle is not that shape. The fenders on mine are long gone, but I have a '41 girl's lightweight Columbia standing by if I really need them.

Back