Old Rusty Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
friend just dropped this, and two other bikes, today for me... having trouble identifying the year on it.. all it has, on the left drop out, is A81 no other letters or numbers anywhere on this... does not look like a 68 by the chainguard , and I have no idea what, or if they even made a 58 Stingray

anywho..
100_4314.jpg

take off the rear bolt hit it with sand paper or a wire brush, if its A3 you could have a rare JAN. 1963 !

got me excited for a second lol.. went and looked and am pretty sure it's a 8.. here's a few more pics of it
100_4318.jpg

100_4320.jpg

Chicago head badge
100_4319.jpg

many thanks for the help

AG0984 on the front tube.. under a TON of rust lol.. many thanks..

should be a Jan 1971.. pretty cool though.. i wanted a 70's model since I sold mine in like 1983 to get a Scrambler...

guess i need to look a little harder in the future.. :roll:

Common mistake , i was gonna mention it to you to look in the front but i was hopin it was the rare one myself ! :) The flat lookin solopolo seat got me all fired up ! good find enjoy....

Rusty and cool, I have been wondering what those other numbers were for since they have nothing to do with the serial.

With those short bars and a 36t sprocket for a '71 it should be a junior model. Cool place to start !!! Should be a wheelie machine :)

this frame fork was sent to Puerto Rico to a military base for a soldier to rebuild while stationed there.
the rest was parted out many moons ago.

Illiterite Wino said:
this frame fork was sent to Puerto Rico to a military base for a soldier to rebuild while stationed there.
the rest was parted out many moons ago.

Doh, I didnt even realize the thread was from 2011 :lol:

Latest posts

Back