Old school

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I'm in, I just picked this up. West Coast Chopper bike. Plan is an Old school bobber style bike.
100_0785.jpg

100_0786.jpg

Haven't worked on it to much, been helping a guy move. I did get it into mock up stage though. I cut 4" out of the forks, put on an OCC front tire and rim, installed the big ol Apes, bead blasted the tank and chain guard. The chain guard is an old one I picked up at the Peddlers swap a few weeks ago. I need to decide if I want to leave the rear fender chrome, or paint it the same color as the tank and chain guard. I'm leaning towards painting it. I haven't decided on a color yet, but it might be candy apple blue.
100_0794.jpg

100_0796.jpg

Now it's time to tear it down.

just curious, would an OCC 20x4 wheel fit on the rear of one of these? The shorter front end on the bigger tire looks a lot better than stock.

SICK, I like the way it sits now...

:D

I had one of these last year and experimented with a 26 inch front wheel and it didnt look good. The stock front never really looked right to me either and I ended up selling it. Mixing the 24 inch wheel with shortening the front end is the ideal stance for these. You really nailed it there. Looking at the pics of your bike makes me want to play with another one. Who would have ever thought to shorten chopper forks?

Bicyclerick said:
Looking good Dean, That ft-end looks great shortened but you need a headlight on it. Just a thought.
I'm looking for a headlight. Not sure what I want yet.

Did the tear down today. I can't believe how one kid can screw up a bike so bad. Everything is loose, or bent. I'm glad I got it when I did, or nothing would be left.
100_0824.jpg

Really '

The Redline Chopper is better then the Occ .Or jess james bikes ...ever was ....

Build to last ..Redline choppers are Rear to fine .....They just don't make them any more ....

On ebay seen them go for about $1000 and up

Latest posts

Back