Old Schwinn, need help determining model and if any value

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I inherited an old Schwinn from my parents estate sale after my father passed. It could use some work, but not sure how to approach restoration so figured if its worth anything I should sell it to someone who can do a proper restoration. Can anyone provide some insights as to the model or year, or where I can learn more?

13.jpg

01.jpg

08.jpg

11.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

Full set of pics here:
http://jesstation.com/bike/

That is a very nice unspoiled survivor and the original paint, plated parts and mechanicals would be a pleasure for a hobbyist/collector to bring back to riding condition with high regard for its natural patina. The speedo, lock and bars are nice little bonus accessories that speak of it's history.
My initial general old bike instinct tells me that it is likely pre 1940, with the frame style, skip tooth chain and sweetheart sprocket, stand and long spring saddle.
There are plenty of smart Schwinn folk on this site that should enlighten us both shortly with accurate assessment as to history (serial # locations etc) and possible value.
Thank you for finding the RRB forum and sharing your bike with us.
Good Luck, She's a little beauty.

PS- Please post your location and you'll likely find a local member and a good home for the bike.

Last edited:
Amazing bike, 36-38/39 schwinn parallel bar roadster. Everything looks original to me besides the rear basket, grips and seat cover . Sent ya PM

Agree with Jarod. 36-38 double bar roadster. No more double bars after 38. It's likely a BA-67 or a C-67. Guard don't match catalog pic for 37 or 38 so maybe a 36. I don't have a 36 catalog. The paint job is what gets me. I've never seen graphics like that on any Schwinn. I like it. I want it! Gary

Very nice bike. You have quite a few dollars there,do some research before you sell it you will be surprised . Unless you are in need of quick money I would be patient and do yourself a favor. Just that speedo alone is worth quite some cash. Good luck with it.

Thinking a 38--double bar roadster. Chain guard is unique, as well as the paint. Serial number may help date it closer. Nice bike!!!

What a great community! I appreciate all the great feedback, didnt expect it so quickly. Its nice to see such an active board.

I'll try and track down a serial number.

I am debating on whether to sell it or clean it up (carefully and correctly) - if any of you have a ballpark on value please pm me.

at first I thought 38, because of truss rod shape. but a 36 could have the round rods, can we get a shot of the bike without that seat cover on it.

I really couldn't say what year to be honest. a 1938 wouldn't have a hockey stick chain guard though, so to me seems like a 36 or 37. im leaning towards 37 though, due to seat and chain guard

Last edited:
That is a very nice unspoiled survivor and the original paint, plated parts and mechanicals would be a pleasure for a hobbyist/collector to bring back to riding condition with high regard for its natural patina. The speedo, lock and bars are nice little bonus accessories that speak of it's history.
My initial general old bike instinct tells me that it is likely pre 1940, with the frame style, skip tooth chain and sweetheart sprocket, stand and long spring saddle.
There are plenty of smart Schwinn folk on this site that should enlighten us both shortly with accurate assessment as to history (serial # locations etc) and possible value.
Thank you for finding the RRB forum and sharing your bike with us.
Good Luck, She's a little beauty.

PS- Please post your location and you'll likely find a local member and a good home for the bike.

I am in Minneapolis MN

I would say the value is around $350-700, depending on what parts are on it. It also matter's what type of demographic you have in your location, for me it's really hard to sell bikes for any more then $200 ware I live evan if there worth a lot more. If I was you I would fix it and ride the heck out of it

Back