Old Skool Huffy AKA curry.style's first rat bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I'm new here, so check out my intro thread. Just got an old school 60's model Huffy to fix up and build a rat style bike. I usually mess with cars, but that is so expensive that I decided to try bikes. So here is the bike the day I got it:

Old Skool Huffy by curry.style, on Flickr

It wouldn't ride right because the rear wheel internals were not making connections properly. So I disassembled the rear wheel and cleaned all the components with some automotive brake cleaner, greased them with some multi-purpose auto grease and reassembled it. Seems to be working ok now, but I will know for sure after a test ride later today. Here are some pics of everything cleaned up.

Rear Wheel Internals Cleaned by curry.style, on Flickr

Inside of Rear Wheel Cleaned by curry.style, on Flickr

And I also did some basic tweaking to the bike. I flipped the bars for style points, and dropped the seat as low as I could, because I'm only about 5'5" and the 26" bike is a wee bit tall for me.

Stripped and Flipped by curry.style, on Flickr

Thoughts and suggestions as well as criticism are always welcome. I am kind of trying to decide what to do next and what would look good on this bike. I was thinking of removing the decals and painting the frame pearl white. Any suggestions?

Went on a test ride a little bit ago. Seems to ride ok. Definately needs some cleaning up, but overall not bad.

Latest posts

Back