??? on Middleweight Rims and Tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for answers. Does anyone know what size tires were originally on a 1957 Columbia Fire Arrow? I know it's a middleweight bike but don't know much else. I recently acquired one without wheels.

Will 700 X 40c tires fit on 26" rims? I have a few rims that I might try on this bike.

I'm shopping for some cream colored tires for this FireArrow. Electra makes the Amsterdam Classic in 700X40c and Schwalbe makes Delta Cruisers in 700X35c. Does anyone have experience with either that they can share?

I recently enjoyed looking through just about the whole "Street Skinny Cruiser" thread but didn't find the info I'm seeking. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pudge

I looked in Classic Bicycle News' postwar Columbia book, it has 56 and 58 catalogs. Both just say "easy-roll 26 x 1.75" or just white sidewall tires. Excepting the 58 Imperial, which specs Goodyears. The cat illustrations look like Goodyears, but I think most were deliberately vague on tire brands, in case they ran out of one, or got a deal on something else. -Adam

Hey Adam and Deorman, just a quick note of thanks for the information. I've been off the net for a few days due to the unexpected passing of my mother while she was away on vacation and just jumped on more as a distraction than anything else. I appreciate your information and will stick to searching for cream colored tires in 26X1.75. If you know a good source I'm all ears. Thanks again, and peace.
Greg

Back