ONE EXPENSIVE TANDEM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
should start @ .99 no reserve in my opinion :mrgreen:

werent those town and country tandems supposed to have the 26x1-1/2" schwinn specific wheels on them ? i dont think it'll get anywhere over 3 (lower) digits unless it was all original.

CCR said:
should start @ .99 no reserve in my opinion :mrgreen:

werent those town and country tandems supposed to have the 26x1-1/2" schwinn specific wheels on them ? i dont think it'll get anywhere over 3 (lower) digits unless it was all original.

If its that old maybe it came that way. I think the wheelset alone is worth a couple hundred. Its a nice clean bike but not worth that much, maybe $500 - $800 since thats a hard to find model complete.

Real nice. Maybe $1000 if you are into T&C's. I had a real nice Town & Country years ago. Not as much fun as it looks. Rather spend it on a Paramount Tandem, then again I would rather not spend it on a tandem.

You know, I was thinking a grand or under, then I saw the third pic and it looks like a bad repair weld.
That's almost half of what they say my truck is worth.

HotRodRob said:
Never seen a chainring like that before.

They were used on tandems and New World lightweights with cottered cranks. Find one of these babies for a 1 piece crank and you've got something. I've only seen two of those AS&CO 1 piece chainrings in the last 20 years. They're very scarce.

I would like to find a tandem like that... but maybe just a couple bux cheaper... 8)

Back