one of my holy grail bikes finally comes close to a reality

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These bikes had alot of different names, with some slight styling diffences. Alot of people want the "7" style tank.

I think there's a show me your spaceliners thread, if you haven't already seen it.

But aside from spaceliner, these were called: astroflite, stratoflite, flightliner... Among others.

Also different badging.. Murray,Sears,AMF,Coast to Coast... Again among others.

Always good project bikes.

At some point I'm going to try again at making headlight lenses, dash switches, and fender ornaments. But, don't hold your breath for those. My enthusiasm is depleted.

dang thats too many names for me to remember lol but that's kinda good it sounds like maybe I can get parts off different bikes to make this one look good I did notice the tank tins being it their rusty are actually in good shape thee is some red striping on the fork still but it is pretty faded I may try to restore that area and remove all the grey paint on the frame

Anything with the same design should fit, the only exception I can think of is the front fender.
A standard front fender doesn't work well with a rattrap fork.

If you ever want to do a his and hers set, I have a really nice ladies frame and rear rack. It has part of the tank but the front is missing. I bought it mostly complete and used most of its parts. Can take pics if you want

If you ever want to do a his and hers set, I have a really nice ladies frame and rear rack. It has part of the tank but the front is missing. I bought it mostly complete and used most of its parts. Can take pics if you want
that would be cool but at the moment im just focusing on this one maybe down the road once i finish this one i might do one for the missus

...and man she is heavy but she cruises nicely...
I bought a spaceliner last summer...I had to abort my first attempt to load it into the back of the truck because I was so shocked at how heavy it was :). I had to look to see if it was bungeed to a concrete block or something :bigsmile:.

Jason

I bought a spaceliner last summer...I had to abort my first attempt to load it into the back of the truck because I was so shocked at how heavy it was :). I had to look to see if it was bungeed to a concrete block or something :bigsmile:.

Jason
I kno the feeling I weighed mine for the fun of it and If I read it right was 82 lbs she's a heavy gal but that was when bikes were made of real steel and not just a bunch of recycled scrap metal tig welded and painted to resemble a bike I love her she's my favorite ride would love to see yours these bikes are really good looking bikes and they ride pretty good the rattrap is surprisingly smooth on mine

Latest posts

Back