ONE WHEEL BIKE TRAILER MADE FROM ANOTHER BIKE FRAME

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a factory two wheel trailer, But have been toying with the Idea of making a one wheel trailer from another bike frame. The hitch is the most important part. Does anyone have any pictures of other people who have made a one wheel trailer out of another bike frame.
I tried to get Ideas from the internet. But there are very few pictures out there on the internet.
Thanks

I've seen connections (hitch) made from a snap on air hose connector. Seen trailer hitch made from a large barring for the ball mount. also seen hitches that use a U-joint made from a ratchet U-joint.
wondering if a one wheeled trailer might use a seat clamp.

I tried making one with the Seat Post angle back a little. That made it very hard to make corners with. Even though I had an up and down flex. Still the angle of the seat post came into a bind. I saw some who use it. But was looking for pictures or video, Before I go farther again.
Thanks Guys

Check your local craigslist for one of those trail-a-bikes. They have a cool little u-joint connector that would work for you.

So far, we have general pictures of trailers in the distance with no detail and a great trailer hitch I can buy for 199.00.
I will continue to look at wierd Industrial stuff. My two wheel trailer will easily haul 60 lbs. It hauls it like there is nothing there. I want my one wheel to haul that amount too.
I really wish there was a tiny trailer hitch like cars use. Maybe even a pintel kind. ( not sure if that is how it is spelled )>
I was still thinking that someone actually used an old bike to make a trailer. One time I was at a swap, I picked up a tag along and someone had already taken the hitch. Most other people want 75.00 for tag alongs at swaps.
Thanks so far. Still looking for pictures of interesting trailers with hitch info that people have seen around

Back