OPINION PLEASE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say this is the BEST forum on the 'net when it comes to the respect and constructive comments we all receive from each other. Now, without further brown nosing, please help me decide which version of this mild build looks better.......and trust me, I know its simple....I can't weld, I suck at painting, so I have to work with what I have...Thank you all in advance for your respected comments.

Version 1....24 x 1.75 front tire, no fender, no chain guard, 24 x 3 rear tire
100_1410.jpg

Version 2....26 x 1.75 front tire, black front fender and silver fork, chain guard, 24 x 3 rear tire
100_1416.jpg

Version 3....24 x 3 front tire, no fenders, black fork, chain guard, 24 x 3 rear tire
100_1458.jpg

And yes, No brakes on version 3....need a longer reach caliper for the 26" fork and 24 x 3 wheel......scrounging thru the parts stash tomorrow..

try version three but w/o a chain gaurd. i personally think that would be best. simpler look to it. show off that nice shiney chain ya got there. no need to "hide tha bling bling" :lol: :lol:

I would go for version 3....but I would add a monarch front end....yup, I would. 8)

Yup, definitly the 3rd one!!!! minus the chainguard and the brake lever and drop the seat! maybe some apes and your set!

Ok call me the odd ball but i like version 1 but if you put a 24 inch front fork or a monark repro with the front connection point raised up to give a 1 inch drop. This is the same tire wheel combo im using on my 39 hiawatha so im kinda biased lol.. Also like version 3 but like 1 better for a hotrod look. Nice bike,just remember its your bike and you gotta look at it more than we do so build it the way You want and like.

brakeless version of three, maybe have a coaster brake
laid back (pre-war) seatpost and a leather brooks saddle (brown) with the same bars

I agree with Stretch, version 3 without the chain guard. You can't weld, and you can't paint, but you can put together a cool & classy looking bike. Stick with # 3. Rick

Myself, I would try some different bars to see what that does to the look as well. Those Huffy frames seem to have a really short top tube. Apes, drag bars, whatever you have lying around. Something that will let you pull a wheelie whenever you like. :)

Keep it simple, keep it cheap!

62H

Back