ORANGE CREAM BUILD DONE FOR THE MOST PART!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ORANGE CREAM BUILD UPDATE W/PIC 2/17 NEED OPINIONS PLEASE!!

Sweet Build! We are almost the same!
IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

The color looks pretty cool. I like the contrast of the aluminum, myself. I think if I had to choose I would go that way...but thats just me.

Shaggy

this is a very cool build i would add a gusset there too to both make it stronger, and smooth out that line with the extended drop out.

Re: ORANGE CREAM BUILD UPDATE W/NEW PIC 3/6

have some progress. fork is on w/truss rods. had to find a different fork, the hawthorne fork had a shorter steer tube and was not long enough. i robbed one off of a womans schwinn, thought it would be too long, but was perfect! :? always thought the womans steer tubes were longer, oh well, it works! sorry guys, didn't put in a gusset, it is plenty strong as is. it would have made it a "cleaner" look, but hey, its a rat rod!!! :D hope to get the crank in tomorrow and bars on it. i will probably just put on a set of bars on that i have laying around for now. i want to make a custom set of interted bars, but i also want to ride it this week. it is going to be in the 50's all week and i am taking advantage of it!!!! :D here is a pic, let me know what you think guys!!!
DSCF9346.jpg

Re: ORANGE CREAM BUILD UPDATE W/NEW PIC 3/6

looks good! cant wait to see the bars and crank setup. :)

well, she is done for the most part. took it for a ride tonight, nice out, 50 degrees and it is dark out!!! :D may put a few finishing touches on it. wanted to make a pair of bars for it, but honestly i really like these. they were totally surface rusted so i took some sandpaper and knocked it off and yes, they are sporting a pair of wally world grips!!! :lol: can't go wrong for $8bucks a pair!!! the seat is the most comfortable thing i have set on that has 2 wheels under it. :lol: the stem is not the one i will run for good. i don't like the stamped steel, and i want one that goes down lower to get the bars lower to flow w/the seat better. i was going to black out the sprocket, but the chrome was so good i hated to do it. oh yeah, the bike rides flippin' awesome!!! :D here is a pic.
DSCF9358.jpg

murraymadman said:
well, she is done for the most part. took it for a ride tonight, nice out, 50 degrees and it is dark out!!! :D may put a few finishing touches on it. wanted to make a pair of bars for it, but honestly i really like these. they were totally surface rusted so i took some sandpaper and knocked it off and yes, they are sporting a pair of wally world grips!!! :lol: can't go wrong for $8bucks a pair!!! the seat is the most comfortable thing i have set on that has 2 wheels under it. :lol: the stem is not the one i will run for good. i don't like the stamped steel, and i want one that goes down lower to get the bars lower to flow w/the seat better. i was going to black out the sprocket, but the chrome was so good i hated to do it. oh yeah, the bike rides flippin' awesome!!! :D here is a pic.
DSCF9358.jpg
Hey Murrymadman!!,
I used a Schwinn Varsity on mine to give it a sleeker look, if that's even a word :roll: ...Their pretty cheap and people usually toss'em out.
heavydutybuild4.jpg

Back