Orange Crush

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So the other day I picked up a new toy.....something I've been after for a few years now :mrgreen: It sure looks NOS all the way, the inside was dry as a bone! I opened it up, greased it, and put it back together. I spun it for a while by hand and it started to loosen up a bit after a few minutes. It's not even broken in!!

orangecrush002.jpg

I decided the other day I had to find something to put it on. Some of you might remember from Fresh Finds that I found this bike laying beside the rail road tracks on New Years Eve.

newbike015.jpg

Kind of funny, I've had this thing sitting in my apartment ever since, and just assumed it was a faded red. Yesterday I stripped it down to the frame and realized it was coppertone! 8) It's got juusstttt the right amount of patina too. A while back I got the idea to build an orange bike, thinking "Orange Crush" would be a good name for a bike. I cleaned this thing up, sprayed it with some clearcoat, and with the sun fade it is now a really cool orange color! Today I started bolting some stuff on it, and this is what I have so far.

orangecrush004.jpg

Made a stick shifter for the Dana. It's just for mock-up and trial runs right now. It'll get a little more style later. 8) 8)

orangecrush005.jpg

As I was building this thing today, I started thinking about how I've wanted a sweet little hard-core RAT for a daily rider ever since my last one got snatched by the cops a couple of summers back :x :x :x I LOVED that bike, and miss it like crazy. I used a couple of my favorite tricks, like swapping the front fender to the back, and flipping the rat-trap springer. And of course, I already had the perfect name for it that I had been saving for a year or so. :wink:

Stay tuned for more!!

orangecrush006.jpg

Just got this thing rideable, and took it for a shake-down cruise. HOLY COW this thing is fast!!! :D :D :D Have some bugs to work out, but it's getting there...

Xcruiser said:
that is way cool! I have never seen one before.Who made it?

Dana, the same company that makes the bullet-proof front ends that the rock crawler guys use in their Jeeps. I opened this thing up to grease it and it's BEAST.

bike looks really great with that setup! 8) i still havent found the right project for mine yet. just wish they didnt weigh so darn much.

Wow :shock: that chainwhell part is new to me...love it :D yes, nice set-up

texasbigjon said:
bike looks really great with that setup! 8) i still havent found the right project for mine yet. just wish they didnt weigh so darn much.

Haha when I was working on it one day I slid the tranny off to work on the shifter and the bike fell over. :roll:

I'm really liking this bike. But I must know why the cops have your bike? What is flipping the springer? And BTW that is the cleanest welding shop in the history of mankind.

You should pair that Dana 3 speed with a two speed bendix. :mrgreen:

AHHH 3 + 2 = *&()H%^$@@**&%&$DEVV^H** WOW, Now that would be freakin' awesome and I'm betting pretty fast cause I know th tall gear in a 2BUB is stiff, but paired with the tall gear in that Dana, THIGH KILLER !!!

Wow, 2 + 3! So six gears? And no cable? That sounds awsome! Some one get that guy a two speed bendix!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back