(ORBO) Scrambler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been wanting to build something like this for a while now. I didn't want to build a Klunker (although I think they are cool). What I wanted was a clean looking bike I could do what ever I wanted while riding.
I have plenty of geared MTB's, a road bike, a custom beach cruiser, and a unicycle.

I want to blend all the above into one all around bicycle. A bike I could ride around on the beach, ride my local trails with and ride block long wheelies.

Getting a Schwinn Heavy Duty from Ind-Chuckz, Built my wheels yesterday. Gathering the rest of the parts in the next week.
IMG_0541.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 244
There for a second I thought you were gonna do an off road uni.

I plan on abusing this bike so I had the same idea Luke is doing with his second bike and modifying the coaster brake,
Coaster Culture has a great video on the process.

taking the hub apart.
View attachment 14955

hub guts
View attachment 14958
Grinding the leading edge of the brake shoes to get more grease to flow to the hub shell.

View attachment 14961
Cool to see someone else doing this! Will you be doing the loose ball conversion too?

Luke.

Wow, Just got done with the CB rebuild! Success!
Ground the brake shoe leading edge, and robbed loose balls out of 2 china CB caged bearings and it is amazing! No more slop or noise!:grin::banana::thumbsup:
AWESOME!

Luke.

thanks for posting about this hub mod. That's pretty neat. If I get off my lazy but and join this build-off, I will do that mod.

Latest posts

Back