Original Stingray Frames....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I met a guy in a town close by to me for a set of BMX mags. Met him through Craigslist. In conversation with him, turns out he has a massive collection of Schwinn Stingray bikes and parts. He showed me picture after picture of bikes and parts. His father had amassed a huge collection for years and years. At this point, they are ready to sell some stuff. He offered up 10 Schwinn Stingray frames to me for $100.00. I myself don't have any personal interest in having any of the frames but I figured I would ask here to see if there is any interest. Keep in mind that I have not yet seen the frames in person and if you have an interest, let me know what to look and ask for. I may be able to get pictures posted if there is enough interest. I know he has a ton of original parts as well. Any way, post here or PM me with "what to look for" specifics if you have any interest.

I would grab up anything stingray pre '82 ..what to look for ?
bent frames.. no thanks..other than that its game on.
here's a couple shots note the width of the drop outs..wider is better and
the length.. longer is better serial #s on the left drop out = older.. yes

100_5301.jpg

100_5300.jpg

10 frames for a 100 cant go wrong

Well it seems as if my post was all for naught. I've been trying to get a hold of the guy since Friday and he responded to my first text Friday morning but has not replied to any other texts. He did say he was entertaining an offer he received offering to purchase the entire collection, bikes, parts and all. Maybe he accepted it?

Back