other female builders?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greg66 said:
i can;t wait for your bike to be done. its going to be alot of fun.iam very proud of you baby. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
just wanted to tell you thanks for your help on things .youve been a great teacher ive learned most of the bike stuff that i know from you. i love you bunches. :lol:

a word to the wise when you lace those wheels painted like that mask them off so you dont scratch the paint. oh and awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

o yeah i most defiantly will take that advice.heres some pics of the hubs and the hoops. i gave my boyfriend one chance to try to figure out how to put the back hubs together because we never did it before but i got inpatient watching him fidget with the peaces so i took it from him and did i t myself :lol: and of course the front hub is easy to put together. it actually says schwinn approved on it but the camera made it blurry
DSCN1935.jpg

DSCN1939.jpg

the coaster break was one of the parts that made me wanna keep these wheels.i fell in love with the hubs once i got a really good look at them
DSCN1937.jpg

i actually had all the parts in the right order i just had to find some help on exactly how to get them back in the outer hub part so we found something on ratrods of course
DSCN1932.jpg

i hope to start the lacing this weekend ive finally saved enough money to buy the spokes :mrgreen:

My wife, Giggles, builds her own bikes. She'sa on the board from time to time. She also is on the FreakBike board. She chops, welds , grinds, paints and laces her own wheels. Other than me helping to hold a part or tape something off once in awhile, her bikes are all her own!

that bike is awsome. love it .it reminds my of my bad side.you (giggles) are an inspiration to me as a female builder.i have yet to build a chopped bike but if and when i do i want to do all the cutting grinding and welding myself.i have very little experiance with any of it.but if i learned more it would open a new door of bike building for me.

sticking two pieces of metal together with metal glue is not hard at all. the main thing is making sure you have good penetration between the two metals rather than focusing on a purty weld. as my teacher said "i know a good grinder"

watch out she has spokes so she is armed and dangerous :mrgreen: and hey PLEASE talk to your pops about shooting my truck that color i have been thinking about that color all day since i saw the rims.

ive done meg welding before that was easy enough.i wanna learn how to stick weld. my bf tells my its a challeng but the more i build my bike the more i like a challeng.

if we are not challenged in life we never learn anything i always say. i know it seems like i know a lot about old bikes and i do but i am constantly learning new things like the rear hub on the build off bike was the first new departure model A hub i have ever done.

vintagelove81225 said:
that bike is awsome. love it .it reminds my of my bad side.you (giggles) are an inspiration to me as a female builder.i have yet to build a chopped bike but if and when i do i want to do all the cutting grinding and welding myself.i have very little experiance with any of it.but if i learned more it would open a new door of bike building for me.

Thanks.

I plan on doing more the teacher's nightmare. For one I have to get a rake on it otherwise I will never be able to ride it. :lol:
I didn't get it all completely put together until the day we had to get it down to autorama so didn't fully relize how close them pedals come to that tire. :lol:

I usually end up helping with Chainsaw's welding. I love getting over there and working with the metal. My next build I would like to try from scratch. But I want to get teacher's nightmare finished completely first before starting anything else. Plus I want to take it again down to Autorama next year.

karfer67 said:
watch out she has spokes so she is armed and dangerous :mrgreen: and hey PLEASE talk to your pops about shooting my truck that color i have been thinking about that color all day since i saw the rims.
you made lacing that first wheel look easy you really are armed and dangerous :) :) good job baby :)

Back