Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That might be a 50's Hawthorne head badge on that CWC.
Everything looks original, even the tires. I'll bet the wheels have never been removed to fix a flat. It's a girl's bike of course, they took care of their stuff. In the garage, no 20' skids, never dropped on the ground or taken off any jumps like us boys did.👹
A candidate for a TRM tank?
Good guess. Rear tire is flat but they look either original or at least period correct. Still very plyable too.
received_287026727578161.jpeg

Good guess. Rear tire is flat but they look either original or at least period correct. Still very plyable too. View attachment 260132

If the tires match then probably are the originals. Also the dropouts won't show any marks where the wheel was reset after changing a tire. The serial number will be on the BB giving the year.

If the tires match then probably are the originals. Also the dropouts won't show any marks where the wheel was reset after changing a tire. The serial number will be on the BB giving the year.
Here in Poland I often have no idea how original the tires are - under communism about the only tires you could buy were Stomil ('sto' = 100, 'mil' = miles), new or replacements. I do wonder, though, how many miles some of my bikes saw. In Britain in the 1970s I do remember changing tires on my bike every few years, and they were generally different makes.

That was on it when I got it. I recently sold my other fat bike the "Haro Fatboy Freestyler" so I wanted another one. Been kinda going through a tough time with vehicle repairs, getting an unexpected $700 in taxes to pay off, and my job refusing to let me get any overtime so I've had to let go of a few toys. View attachment 260130

I know what you mean. Life is a never ending series of compromises. Nobody gets to have everything.
I'd have a hard time passing on a bike called Swamp Donkey. That's a great name!!

I know what you mean. Life is a never ending series of compromises. Nobody gets to have everything.
I'd have a hard time passing on a bike called Swamp Donkey. That's a great name!!
For $100 I couldn't say no.

So I've got an idea I wanted to run by all you like-minded (crazy) people. As you know I've got the Yukon XL and I've been thinking out what to do to make it cool and give it my vibe. I learned how to drive in a 1966 International pickup and have a chance to get a very rough one for parts on the cheap. My idea is to blend old and new and create a new style travelall as if International made it off of a gmt 800 platform...
51560844467_2d2b191c0d_b.jpg
2003_GMC_Yukon_Preview_summaryImage.jpeg
IMG_20240329_203054231.jpg

Anyone better at Photoshop care to play with this so I can get a better idea?

Buy a Travelall and put the GM LS drive line in it. You could use any GMT 800 series platform for parts. Keep that beautiful Yukon XL stock for now.

67-68IHTravelallsMNd.jpg.56b16eb2de044410b0418d8cf6d84705.jpg

Eleven Internationals for sale

00606_eo7U8UUqBvQ_0kE0f5_1200x900.jpg

1962 IH

There are still some cornbinder Travelalls around for sale. Your Yukon with the IH front would be unique, but at what cost?

Chop it! You know you want to! :113: Can't bake a cake without breaking some eggs! :grin:
At the very least you may consider swapping the drive train and putting that into an IH.
Disc breaks, AC, better highway gearing, suspension, steering, etc. That would be a beast.
Do a Scout the way they've been doing the Broncos lately. A beast I tell ya!

My big problem is I don't have the space to do a huge project like I used to do. I could tackle a front end swap but not an entire drivetrain swap. This would be a fun project and keep an the running gear intact and working just swap the front clip, little body work and blending, and a little wiring for the lights. Also the IH I found is far too rough to be restored feasibly. The floors are shot, rockers are shot, rear side of the fenders are shot, and lots more. I'd say the first 2 feet is salvageable, maybe the dash, and a few trim pieces. Also the front of the Yukon needs a grille and headlights anyway so I got to thinking of this.

Maybe you can swap from the Denali and paint the rims red and leave the chrome center caps.
That would pop. Paint the roof gloss white. Do two of those shorty antennas where the blue
lights would be. And two amber fender mounted lights, but on the hood. They're out there at
the next swap meet or something. GO!

Well I decided not to do the international front end swap for now at least but I did get some new lights for it.
IMG_20240406_181239869.jpg
IMG_20240406_181305544.jpg

Then I got in the new pedals for my mountain bike that have better grip thanks to removable studs and they match the decals and bring out the darker orange.

IMG_20240407_154316541.jpg
IMG_20240407_154325463.jpg

Then I heartbreakingly got rid of 3 of my favorite bikes, the swamp donkey, the Western Flyer Super, and my Columbia tank bike. All 3 for this 1946 Mosin Nagant with the bayonet.
IMG_20240407_160402925.jpg

Latest posts

Back