Outskirtscustoms finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 4 bikes for $40 HUFFY SUPER THUNDER PRO 24"

dragnusa said:
that huffy has many more miles left in it
My thoughts exactly, It's actually in pretty good shape for probably being older than I am. Anybody know what year these were? I'm thinking early to mid 80's?

Way to go ! That is a very cool score.
That Haro charinring would be cool on a Build Off 8 bike!

Chips_Mahoy said:
There's a guy down by me that collects older 24" BMX style bikes if you decide to part with it.
It depends on what it's worth. It kinda holds a little sentimental value for me, I had one identical to it when I was younger. But I had lots of bikes when I was younger. Come to think of it I probably broke a few in half just like it at "The Jumps".

kingfish254 said:
Way to go ! That is a very cool score.
That Haro charinring would be cool on a Build Off 8 bike!
Now that you mention it that would be cool. I'm probably gonna just flip the Haro to pay for the lot though.

That's the trick that makes this hobby so fun.

kingfish254 said:
That's the trick that makes this hobby so fun.

Yep, I have had days where I have made $400 profit from a $40 deal. I love it! Of coarse then there's the times when you can't sell a bike for months on end so it has it's ups and downs.

Well that Huffy must be something at least unusual, there are only 3 in the BMX museum including this one now. :mrgreen:

Are these really that rare? Valuable?

that super thunder is awesome! :shock: they are pretty rare from what i've seen, Huffy and Schwinn get no respect from BMX'ers tho...

outskirtscustoms said:
dragnusa said:
that huffy has many more miles left in it
My thoughts exactly, It's actually in pretty good shape for probably being older than I am. Anybody know what year these were? I'm thinking early to mid 80's?
I had a pretty new one in 1983, maybe a year old when I got it and I still have the SCARS from that (*&^%$#%^! DO NOT JUMP!

Yeah I had a bunch of pro thunders, racing 20's, and other Huffys back in the day, I used to jump them and probably broke more of them than anything else.

scrumblero said:
that super thunder is awesome! :shock: they are pretty rare from what i've seen, Huffy and Schwinn get no respect from BMX'ers tho...

Yeah and that's really sad, Huffy was the company that really paved the way back then making BMX affordable to lots of kids who would have otherwise been left out of the craze. Not saying they were the best but they were innovators that a lot of other companies copied from and learned from.

It's like all these big bad bikers saying "Oh I had a Harley back in the day....." Oh shut up you rode a Honda like everybody else. :mrgreen:

Everybody loves free stuff and today I got to load the trailer with some goodies for free.
GT Mach one frame with layback post and crank

SE threadless fork

Other chrome threaded fork (probably use it till I can find a true GT one)

GT bars (For the Mach one)

RedLine bars

Dyno lay back seat post

I grabbed these just for the bar ends and grips.

And finally a pair of Shimano trigger shifters and brake levers. Someday these will go on my klunker. And a misc derailleur and Suntour shifters.

Also got a heap of mountain bike tires in 24" and 26" but we've all seen tires we know what they look like.

More cleaning and some new tires (I will eventually get a pair of blue gumwalls from porkchop for it if I don't sell it but for now they will work)

Also got a heap of mountain bike tires in 24" and 26" but we've all seen tires we know what they look like.[/quote]
and as we all know you can never have to many tires

dragnusa said:
Also got a heap of mountain bike tires in 24" and 26" but we've all seen tires we know what they look like.
and as we all know you can never have to many tires[/quote]

Yep and I got a lot of ones that match orphan tires I had laying around so now I got pairs. :mrgreen:

I also got some nice knobbys with a red line on the side wall that will go great on my klunker build... IF I ever finish it. :oops:

I might have your forks for the GT. I also know I have a set of white GT mags and GT tires. They are on a bike but can part out I'll take a pic of them for you if your interested. :mrgreen:

ozzynut2 said:
I might have your forks for the GT. I also know I have a set of white GT mags and GT tires. They are on a bike but can part out I'll take a pic of them for you if your interested. :mrgreen:
I might just depends on how my wallet looks at the time. :lol:

Latest posts

Back