Package Tray/Carrier help......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was bolted on the back of a early 50's smaller girls Schwinn I picked up not too long ago. Sorry, no pics of the bike (can, if needed). The bike was basically complete, and in it's original blue paint. The tray is how I found it (raw). I'm assuming it didn't originally come with the Schwinn. Any ideas of it's origin? From rivet to center of bottom hole is 15", and length from center of seat stem hole to back of tray is approx. 22 1/2". When I first saw it, I assumed it was some aftermarket piece. The punchouts are somewhat rough, and showing small stress cracks. But then I thought that might also be because it's Old?? Any input would be appreciated. I don't want to use this piece on some newer rat if it has a better value elsewhere.
Thanks....
Jules

009-4.jpg

010-4.jpg

011-6.jpg

007-5.jpg

006-6.jpg

aftermarket or not, its a very cool rack. :wink: but im pretty sure thats an aftermarket peice, because ive never seen a schwinn with one of those attched.

Yep, it's an aftermarket, probably Wald or something. Period correct, probably picked up at an early "mart" or auto parts/hardware bike shop in the 60's or 70's. Good for any old bike really!

I found one like that also, no braces either, I used braces off a front basket. It looked rough also, but the chrome cleaned up nicely.

f3chms.jpg

Back