Paint Those Whitewalls

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever had a certain style tire that you just love but wish it came with whitewalls? Well I know this is oldskool stuff but its not something you can just go down to the hardware store and buy. I found this guy on kijiji selling specific tire paint to do widewhites. It cost me $20 shipped but I'm looking forward to seeing how it works on my Sulky slick. This stuff is made in Iceland and I am guessing they get away with shipping paint by welding the lid shut, kinda interesting, never seen that before. If you want to check this guy out for yourself heres the ad I found. http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z207371940

Bikes4098.jpg

Bikes4099.jpg

Bikes4100.jpg

Bikes4101.jpg

They used to make the stuff here back in the day. I found an old, rusty, hard can in the loft of a Mobile station that was an ancient Studebaker dealership.
Old timers tell me that it was used in the 30's-40's as big whites were "expensive' Also the old body shops used it for touch up and to hide overspray. It was the ying to Dupont's No.7 Tire black yang.
If it works it could open up a whole new avenue of creativity.
Keep us posted!

Latest posts

Back