Paperboy Bike for my Dad

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently building a 58 Schwinn Tornado I got at the first Midwest Bicycle Fest from dangratsdan
what it looked like then
DSCF2885.jpg

then I started my build off 5 with the idea of making it into a bomber bike but never finished
PIC-0304.jpg

Then after it sitting collecting dust we decided to dig it out and make a paperboy bike out of it
mock up with heavy duty wheels (Randy I still owe you for them next time I see you hopefully I'll remember)
2010-09-26184527.jpg

Stripped the frame and welded in a tank plate to make it look like its floating
100MEDIA95IMAG0031.jpg

We ordered a basket for the front and went down to the lbs and bought the large double's for the back now we're still trying to decide if we want to paint it or powdercoat it dark blue and logo it with the with the Wichita Eagle on the plate hopefully we'll decide soon so I can have it done by the Bikefest

A little mocking up with the parts I already have just need to find a blue S seat cover for my heavy duty seat I have but He's picked out the blue he want's we're still trying to decide to powder coat it or paint it
2011-10-29113258.jpg

Decals are made, I had her make a Schwinn own too but it was too big so I'll wait and buy a the right one. I'm thinking about making the Eagle logo fit in the round part of the phantom gaurd
CameraZOOM-20120119162237345.jpg

man, i love that bike. I ride a bike to work everyday and I would love to have something like that to carry all my things.

Back