PAPPY'S '58 CORVETTE BUILD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey Y'all...

100_0934.jpg

Here's my first build as a RatRod member...

100_0929.jpg

Its a 1958 Schwinn Corvette purchased from River City Cycles here in K.C.,MO. for a cool $35.00. This is the condition that I got it in & has been sitting in my basement for 2 years...Time to RAT!!!

100_0936.jpg

This is the first donor,a 1980 Schwinn 5speed Suburban...HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?...What the heck is this guy up to?...Stay tuned RAT FANS!!!

Rat-Pappy 8)...Hint...I'm a monster NHRA fan!

Thanx Sensor...I can't wait to see what I do to it as well!I've got a basic scheme in my head but as we know,as a build evolves things can and do change.I'm fix'in to go to Kansas City International Raceway (drags)
as they are hosting a "Kacklefest" all weekend which is nostalgia dragsters,funny cars,altererds & fuel coupes (all run on 100% nitromethane} for fun,inspiration and whatnot...its a rat-gas!!!(phew!)Anywho,thanx
for your kind remarks and please stay tuned...I must admit to being nervous as a cyber world of RatMasters,peers and novices "look over my shoulder" as the build progresses, but at the same time honored...

PAPPY 8)

very cool find but i dont think that is a corvette. as far as i know all corvettes had chrome wheels, stainless steel fenders, and 3speed hubs. i do know some of the early corvettes had chrome fenders then they changed it to the stainless fenders in around 59. i could be wrong heck knows i have before though :roll:

You may be right,karfer67...as you can see it has no chain gaurd to designate model but was told "most likely a Corvette" when I bought it...don't really matter...its a Corvette now!...PAPPY 8)

Nice way to start. That schwinn paint is tough and should clean up nice, if you're planning on keeping it. I would certainly try. Have fun.

Back