Park tool bike stand

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recently upgraded to a park tool bike stand.

I can’t seem to get it to lock in the axis around the vertical stand. Is this normal? Or did I assemble this wrong.

Which model is that? Park offers many variations, but it would seem pretty strange to me if you can't lock the bike in a specific position.

Last edited:
The nice thing about Park is that they provide plenty of support for their products. A quick trip to their site reveals how that assembly is configured--just two M5 bolts against an inner sleeve. I guess, make sure those bolts are snugged down tightly? Also, check the quick-release that raises and lowers the top tube--that could be slipping, too. In any event, the head shouldn't swing around freely.

Opera Snapshot_2023-05-02_065341_www.parktool.com.png

Thanks. I may reach out to park.

You are right. It slips between part 6 and 7 above. If I really tighten down on the quick release it will stop spinning. However, I have to over tighten it to the point it will no longer raise or lower. And that takes two hands so I cannot tighten it with a bike in the raised position.

Maybe I need to upgrade the quick release. It’s like the QR needs more travel between locked and unlocked position.

Latest posts

Back